Diablo Immortals’ main two factions are quite different from each other, and here we will discuss which faction you can join and why you should choose one over the other one.
Diablo Immortal is a free-to-play, massively multiplayer online action role-playing video game developed by Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase. An installment in the Diablo series, it is set between the events of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3.
Diablo Immortal has a massive Multiplayer mode where you can play against other players as well as other clans. There are two main factions of Diablo Immortal, they are Immortals and Shadows. You can be in either one of them, and they come with their own pros and cons.
So if you want to pick a faction for yourself in the game, here are all you need to know about both factions. Hopefully, this guide will be helpful to you, and you will be able to choose the right one for you to play and grind along.
Diablo Immortal: Shadows vs Immortals
The shadow faction is more like the shady clan of anti-heroes in the game. They are the ones working in the darkness of the city of Westmarch to uproot the corrupted Immortals and fill in their ranks to fight against evil.
How to Join Shadows?
To join the shadow clan requires a bit of luck, to be honest. First, you need to reach level 43, then you can go to Westmarch tavern and ask the stranger to get recruited. He will give you a sigil, which you need to recruit new potential shadows. Once this is done, you can go to the Assembly hall and get further instructions.
Once you have joined the Shadow clan you can instantly start working for the clan and doing various tasks. And then, by ranking up through the ladder of the clan, you can declare war against other Immortals and gain extra rewards for that.
Pros of Shadow clan
- Extra perks and activities for the Shadow clan.
- Individual progress will increase the player’s armor penetration and defense
- Increased damage and XP earned.
- Member exclusive events.
- Raid the Immortals’ vault to get weapons and armor.
- There are various types of special gifts after completing any clan-exclusive tasks.
Cons of Shadow clan
- Has to grind a lot to get to the highest peak.
- No additional perk per rank reward.
- No special trades at the hilt trader.
- Sometimes painful to complete a lot of dungeons and tasks every day.
The Immortals, an order of sacred knights, are “the most elite heroes” of the mortal realm and are tasked with guarding Sanctuary against demonic beings. However, because of their extreme power, they risk becoming corrupted or spectacularly burning out.
How to join The Immortals
There are two ways to join the immortals currently in the game.
- Getting an invitation from the clan of an Immortal Clan leader.
- The second way is a bit trickier, you have to be one of the top clans in the server, and then you have to fight off the Immortals that are in the server in the path of the exile task, and if you manage to defeat them, you become the new immortals of the server for the time being.
Pros of The Immortals
- Many clan-special buffs and activities in the game.
- Higher-ranked members gain crowns which give them special buffs and tweaks.
- Weekly commendations are issued, and the prizes depend on how much a player has helped the faction during that particular week.
- Special Selected items at the Hilts trader.
- Gets free items from the vault, which can also be a legendary item.
- Can participate in defending the vault.
Cons of the Immortals
- Takes a lot of time, and you have to maintain it to continue your immortal rank.
- Fewer activities to do than the Shadows.
- Have to be on the grind constantly to have your gears up to date.
- No additional bounty missions.
Both factions are remarkable in their own rights. It mostly depends on your playstyle and which one you should choose. If you opt to be just a casual player and play to pass time, the Shadow faction is for you. And if you want to invest more time in the game and grind, Immortal is a better option. Regardless of which faction players have access to, joining the Shadows or Immortals in Diablo Immortal unlocks additional content and bonuses.
Read More: Diablo Immortal: How to Get and Use Charms